This verse is actually picturing the scene of God justice Court before which the sinner will stand. But when Jesus came incarnated in flesh to our world he carried our debts and all the proves that were against us in judgment and nailed them on the cross by Calvary in Jerusalem, he blotted them out completely destroying even their memories. He started a new covenant through his blood and his cross, giving us the resolution of the Divine Court of justice declaring our full innocence and giving us the permission to enter to the everlasting life. And consequently came to us the divine revelation through (Romans8:1) Therefore, there is now no condemnation (punishment) for those who are in Christ Jesus. followed be another resolution in (Hebrews10: 17, Isaiah 44:22, 43:25, Micah7: 18-20) And their sins and iniquities I will remember no more.
Third: According to our acceptance of Jesus works on the cross
Our Lord Jesus Christ has paid in full the price of our salvation in a place called Calvary in Jerusalem. This salvation is actually offered by Jesus after his resurrection as a free gift to whoever receives it. And so forth if somebody offers you a present you do not go and pay for it but you just accept it thankfully and enjoy it especially if it is a valuable present from a cherished person.
We are all aware by now that Satan was and has always been known as the prince of this world according to (John 14:30) He is also the prince of the power of the air the spirit that is now at work in those who are disobedient (Eph 2:2) and is also the god of this world that has blinded the minds of unbelievers. (2Corinth 4:4) That’s how he has a spiritual power over the minds, thoughts, resolutions and behavior of human beings and this is very obvious from God’s word. That’s why Jesus glory be to him came to us incarnated in flesh in order to destroy the devil’s work in people’s life, and that’s also the reason why the apostle Paul said: “The reason the son of God appeared was to destroy the devil’s work. (1John3:8) We also see the reason of the coming of the Messiah to our world revealed in the epistle to the (Colossians 1:13-14)
For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves, in whom we have redemption the forgiveness of sins. Jesus came to blot out the power of darkness that destroys our life down here and our everlasting life as well.
1) Receive Jesus work for you…
2) Comprehend Jesus redemption for you…as mentioned by the apostle Paul who said: But as many as received him, to them he gave the power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name. (John 1:12), even the Lord Jesus also said: For the Son of Man came to seek and to save what was lost. (John 6:37, Luke 19:10)
3) Signs that confirm your salvation: Test your salvation!!
First: Signs that prove you are not saved yet
1) If you are still wishing and hoping to be saved once encountered with the Lord Jesus that would only mean that you didn’t receive yet the forgiving of your sins and the powerful grace of salvation given by Christ for an everlasting life.
2) If you don’t experience peace in your heart and confidence with assurance in your inner being that you’re going to heavens once you die or when Jesus comes again, you still need to pray and receive God’s grace to be saved by faith.
3) If you are filled with fear from death and hell and you are incapable to say from all your heart with Paul: I desire to depart and be with Christ, which is better by far. (Philipians 1:23) that simply means that you still didn’t receive the grace of redemption offered by Jesus on the cross.
4) If you don’t like fellowship with God through his word, the love of others, worshipping in God’s house and the daily prayer, that will also mean that you’re not yet saved.
5) If your old habits and sins did not change, or if you still feel guilty towards them, that will mean as well that you didn’t acquire the godly experience of salvation.
Second: Signs that prove your salvation
1) Internal testimony: The moment you receive Jesus as your savior and at the very second you pray confessing your sins and accepting Jesus works on the cross, you are going to feel an interior testimony in your inner person exactly like what the apostle John has said: Anyone who believes in the Son of God has this testimony in his heart. I write these to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life. (1John 5:10-13)
The apostle John is confirming here that you are going to have this testimony in your heart(or an evidence of your eternal life) he also said: So that you may know that you have eternal life he also confirms that you have not that you might or you’re going to have an eternal life.
As for the apostle Paul, he said: Because those who are led by the spirit of God are sons of God. For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the spirit of Sonship. And by him we cry Abba, Father the spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children (Romans 8:14-16).
The Holy Spirit who dwells in the believer testifies in him with confidence and affirmation of the salvation, for he is the spirit of adoption and Sonship that leads you to feel that you are God’s child and not a slave, so that you can approach your heavenly Father peacefully calling him Abba Father. It’s an internal testimony that fills you to give you peace, calm and assurance not proclaimed by anybody else but by the Holy Spirit himself. You will also feel another thing which is the guaranteed heritage of an eternal life, that’s what made the apostle saying later: Now, if we are children, then we are Co. heirs- heirs of God and heirs with Christ. (Romans8:17)
2) External Testimony: Faith not manifested to the world is a mental faith that cannot save. That’s why it is absolutely required to have an external testimony to people who surround you as according to the scripture we read: In this the children of God are manifest and the children of the devil. (1John 3:10)
Such an external testimony will be manifested by the following:
A) Changing in your style of life (behavior):
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation, the old has gone, the new has come. (2Corinth 5:17) Your behavior, old habits and your unlimited sins, as your conscience will lead you to say: How then can I do this great wickedness, and sin against God. (Genesis 39:9)
B) Changing in your relationship with God:
As in the past you used to deal with God in fear, but now it’s a love relationship that bound you to him, a son relationship with his heavenly father, an everyday
relationship, not pushed by anybody, but all that surrounds you will notice your deep love for God, your love for the scripture and your love to pray and to be in God’s house and in spiritual meetings, something will proclaim and testify automatically to others the new experience that happened in your life.
C) Changing in your relationship with your surroundings:
A new love will be poured in your heart by the Holy Spirit given to you (Romans5:5), then you will find yourself loving those whom you used to hate and bearing with those whom they were once unkind to you. Also you’ll change your friends as you wouldn’t be able to get along with the old ones and you’ll start by developing love and fellowship with your fellow believers.
That’s what the apostle John is saying: Anyone who claims to be in the light but hates his brother is still in the darkness. Whoever loves his brother lives in the light, and there is nothing in him to make him stumble. But whoever hates his brother is in the darkness and walks around in the darkness he does not know where he is going, because the darkness has blinded him. (1John 2:9-11)
Another proof of salvation is well revealed through these verses: We know that we have passed from death to life, because we love our brothers. Anyone who does not love remains in death. (1John 3:14)
Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love (1John 4:8). By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another. (1John 13:35)
D) Love of ministry will be created in you
You will find yourself developing a desire to minister to the Lord and to witness to others about God’s love and Jesus salvation. Also you will find created in you a certain love to minister to the Lord inside and outside the church, you would also want to give from your time and your money as God’s work will take the first priority in your life.
E) The world around you wouldn’t understand you
That’s what the apostle John has said: Do not be surprised, my brothers, if the world hates you. (1John3:13) The Lord Jesus also has said: If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you. (John 15:18-19)
People around you wouldn’t understand the sudden change that happened to you, even the closest ones to you especially if they didn’t experience it. As you have moved out from Adam’s family to Jesus family, the redeemable family. Amen!
F) The love to give joyfully and abundantly
Your giving in God’s ministry will become joyful and abundant. Money will have no value to you that you’ll find yourself giving out of your need, giving out your time, your effort, your health, from your household, your money and your possessions. These were the characteristics of the first church. (Acts 2:44-46, 4:32-37)
By Rev. Nabil Asaad
Sinner’s Prayer for Salvation
Heavenly Father … I come to you with all my heart to thank you for the greatest gift ever given to me, which is your only begotten son crucified for me on the cross. I come to you with all my sins … confessing that I’m a sinner … and believing that you have accepted me … I come to you not relying on my personal faith or my personal deeds but relying only on your love and your grace as you have paid the debts of my sins on the cross. Receive me now!! I believe that after praying I will receive peace … peace in my heart … I will change and become your disciple. In the Lord Jesus name and in the full intercession, I pray … Amen.
If you fail from time to time, the grace of salvation that dwells in you will refuse the continuation of failure also your conscience will refuse the sin and you will have hope to stand firm one more time relying on God’s Holy Spirit who dwells in you…until the day of our full and complete salvation when Jesus will come again to redeem also our bodies (Romans 8:18-24) and we will then put on glorified and enlightened bodies to live with Jesus in the Father’s house for ever and ever.